Meet our Resident Naturopathic Doctor
First and foremost, I am a follower of Christ Jesus. He has seen fit to bless me with an incredible husband of thirty years, five unique and amazing children, a daughter-in-law, two sons-in-law, and three beautiful grandchildren.
I believe Yahweh, God the Father, is the creator of all things. I know that we are fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14), and He has supplied all foods, botanicals and medicinal plants that we need for optimal health and healing.
When I am not working I enjoy time with my family, gardening, cooking, crafting, and reading.
Professionally, Dr. Karin Byrd is:
- a Board Certified Naturopathic Doctor
- decades of education, advanced training
- over 10 years of clinical experience
- trained as a general wellness practitioner
- extensive training, she has become an authority at finding the root cause of disease
- instead of disguising symptoms with medications, she has become an expert in using God-given therapies like wholefood supplementation, mineral rebalancing, homeopathy, and herbal and botanical remedies.
- unlike most allopathic physicians, she has many years of extensive training in the science of food and nutrition, and how emotional health impacts the physical body
Dr. Byrd has found her expertise in dealing with gastrointestinal disease and gut issues, fatigue, auto-immune diseases, and alternative forms of cancer therapies.
My Personal Journey…
As a young person, I always had an interest in the science of nutrition and how it applies to health. After becoming a wife and mother, I lost focus in caring for my personal health. As life passed by, I found myself in my late thirties— overweight, chronically stressed, pre-diabetic, adrenally fatigued, systemically inflamed, and suffering from high blood pressure, hormonal issues, and severe migraines of 20+ days per month. I lived in chronic pain. The never-ending pain began to take a toll on me, and despite how very blessed my life was, I became clinically depressed.
I spent many hours with medical specialists, hoping to find a solution to my health issues, only to be disappointed with “I don’t know what is wrong, but I have a medication that will alleviate your symptoms”. I had resorted to a cocktail of medications to “fix” my health. I recall thinking, “if this is how horrible I feel at 40, I don’t want to live to be old”. God knew my heart. He knew I was drowning and needed help…and I knew there had to be a better way.
With the support and encouragement of my family, I returned to school to become a naturopathic doctor. I realized that if I was dealing with so many health issues, then there must be others who needed help too. Sharing my knowledge with others and helping them overcome their health challenges is extremely rewarding. It is a blessing to me to see people emerge on the other side of a serious health crisis filled with renewed hope and health.